Tuesday, June 21, 2011

trimming the fat.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of cutting out processed foods. All you ever hear about is how bad processed foods are, how they have been linked to cancer and all sorts of health problems. But is it really possible to completely cut them out of your diet? All of my favorite foods are processed! It just seemed way too difficult...until now! Today I stumbled across the most amazing blog called www.100daysofrealfood.com. It’s so inspiring! It gives detailed meal plans, shopping lists, tons of recipes, even a “cheat sheet” on what you can (and can’t) buy at the grocery store. Most of the recipes sound really yummy too. PB&J Smoothie? Yes, please! Whole-wheat pizza? Count me in! Homemade chicken nuggets? Why not!


I just love how detailed the shopping lists and meal plans are, and they actually sound totally do-able. To view the meal plans and food guides, you have to “like” their Facebook page, and then you have access to everything. I probably won’t start the “real foods diet” until after the big move to Gig Harbor, since Tony and I will finally have time to cook meals instead of driving an hour to and from each other’s houses and just eating whatever’s quick and easy.

Tony said he’s in, as long as he “still gets his white bread”. Baby steps…




5 comments:

  1. If you give up ALL processed foods for 100 days I will give you $100. Good luck Pizza Queen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't know if I'm quite ready for the "100 day challenge", I'd probably be more likely to just slowly start incorporating healthier things into my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do it with you from across the country when you do then we can just plan out recipes and make them the same night! We can both find recipes and share them. Not until you move and we can all do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea, Jamie!! Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll play, too. Rach, go ahead and make extra of your recipes and have them delivered to my house by 8am the next morning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and promise to reply!