Friday, December 14, 2012

pinterest & my closet

I've been trying to pretty up my wardrobe over the last few months by slowly getting rid of clothes I no longer love, and little by little building it back up with some new additions.  I've been using Pinterest as my inspiration.  I'm definitely not the most creative/trendy dresser out there, so getting ideas from Pinterest has been extremely helpful for me!  I found a method that has been working for me pretty well so far, so I'll let you in on my secret.

First, I find a look that I think I can pull off, like this one.

Source: katiedidwhat via Pinterest

Cute, yes?  Then, I search online for similar items.  The cheaper, the better!  Next I add them a new board on Pinterest, like this.  (Hint: I make a new board for each outfit.)


And then, I put the look together in real life!  Please don't judge me for the a crappy bathroom mirror pic, I forgot to take a real picture.

 

Each time I buy something new, I add it to my "In My Closet" board on Pinterest.  It's so much fun mixing and matching outfits!  It's like my own virtual closet, and it really helps me visualize what looks good together.  Especially with accessories. 

So there you have it, folks!  Easy peasy. 





9 comments:

  1. great idea and i love that outfit, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have only worn it once so far. The shirt got all wrinkly after I washed it and I've been too lazy to iron.

      Delete
  2. Cute! I have all but the scarf..I my try and see if I can pull this off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to find a scarf that color! I wanted more of a blush but could only find coral so I figured it was close enough. And you could totally pull it off. ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! This is a perfect copy! Great outfit

    xo Emily Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love what you did with my outfit!!! ;) You look great, girl! Glad to be an inspiration!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Is the inspiration photo from your blog??

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and promise to reply!