Thursday, March 7, 2013

the other house

Hola!  Just wanted to give you a quick little house update.  A lot of you had great things to say about the potential house I posted about earlier this week.  I still agree that with a little TLC, that house could be amazing and I hope the right person finds it and makes it shine like new!  However, because of it's location and the fact that split-levels have a bad rap for some reason (personally, I love them!), our realtor let us know that the resale value for that house would most likely not be great.  The more we thought about it, the more we fell in love with our second choice, due to it's awesome location in a great neighborhood close to Chloe's school.  (I hope I'm not hurting it's feelings by calling it our "second choice"!  I love you, house!)  This place needs some serious updating too, obviously, but not quite as much as the first house.  

I'll let you be the judge.

All images found on themlsonline.com, link not provided for privacy

Bonus! There's a third bathroom that's not shown here, along with a laundry room and a 2-car garage.  The house is over 1700 square feet, which is a big improvement over the 900 square feet we're currently working with in our rental.  I'm really looking foward to DIYing a lot of the updates in this house, and of course blogging every step of the way!

If you can't tell yet, I'm pretty psyched about this place!  I've already started a Pinterest board for paint colors and am so excited to just get in there and get 'er done!  That is, of course, if our offer is accepted.  I'm probably jinxing myself with this post but I was just too excited not to share.

Hope you're having a terrific Thursday!

 photo 6aea1961-02ec-4e8e-bd75-c531bef8bfa0_zpseb939cde.jpg

22 comments:

  1. rachael!!!! this house is adorable.. i love the idea of a separate laundry room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candice!! I love the separate laundry room too. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Rachael, this house is so cute! I actually like it better than the other one (gasp!) so I think it will be absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!! I love that the bedrooms have white trim already. I will definitely change the wall colors but it's just one less thing to do!

      Delete
  3. love the back yard!! I know you will have fun decorating, fingers crossed for you! I know the buying process can be stressful but it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our realtor just faxed me over the sale agreement to sign but I caught some weird things on it so I just emailed him back with some questions. Hope it goes smoothly!

      Delete
    2. yay! i just changed my pic on my blog but it still doesn't show up, just that exclamation point!?!

      Delete
  4. Ah, that's a big decision! That house looks really cute :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! :) We're looking at it again tomorrow, I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. Love love LOVE it!! And THREE bathrooms? So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yes I cannot wait to have 3 bathrooms! Even though that means three times the cleaning. We'll have to just keep one bathroom "off limits" unless we have company, haha.

      Delete
  6. Yay love it. Good luck, I hope you get it! Can't wait for you to start the decorating process! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It has so much potential and I love the backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! You have so much to work with and it's going to look amazing! Can't wait to see after you guys get settled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Claudine!! You're sweet. :) I can't wait until after we get settled either!

      Delete
  9. Snap! That house has some great bones though, can't wait to see what y'all do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They accepted out offer so hopefully we'll be moving in by May. Can't wait to spruce the place up!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and promise to reply!