Hey there 21-year old Rachael,
I'm here to give you a few words of advice, now that I'm older and much, much wiser. Because you know, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.
|Rockin' out on stage with the band at the J&M!|
1) You can legally drink, you’re single, and you live with a bunch of awesome girls. Congrats, you’ve hit the trifecta of fun. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it will be over before you know it!
|Some of the roomies!|
2) You’ll watch the movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” for the first time this year. Almost 10 years later, you'll still stop to watch it every time its on TV.
3) You know that “new” rapper you’re currently obsessed with, Kanye West? Well, it turns out he’s kind of a d-bag.
4) Instead of wearing jeans, a graphic tee, and Adidas Superstars to the bars every single time… why not wear a skirt once in a while? Throw on some heels? Class it up a bit!
5) On that same note, you don’t need to buy all your clothes at Wet Seal.
6) Newsflash: Busch Light is not the be-all and end-all of beers.
|...but look how happy it made me!|
7) How about cutting back on the frozen pizza? Maybe put down that
second fourth cookie and
reach for a celery stick instead? Your future self will thank you.
8) Try showing up to work on Friday without a hangover at least one time. Just because Thursday night is the night to go out, it doesn't mean you should be crawling into bed at 3am every single time.
9) Please don’t get so obsessed with every single guy you meet at the bars. Your co-worker can only hear the words "I think I met my future husband last night" so many times before she starts to wonder about you. Trust me, you are not going to meet your future husband any time soon!
10) You met a lot of awesome girls last year. Even though you will still be super close to most of these girls ten years from now, things will never be the same as they are at this moment. People get married, have kids, have careers. Take the time to appreciate being carefree with your friends!
|So many years of friendship with these ladies!|
11) And please, do yourself a favor and stop taking all your pictures with disposal cameras. They aren't cute.
Your 30-year old self
P.S. I can't wait to here what 40-year old me has to say about my 30's!!