Wednesday, May 15, 2013

bathroom daydreamin'

...because, isn't that where all important daydreamin' takes place?  No? Just me?  Moving on then...

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do for "Chloe's bathroom".  She refers to it as her bathroom, but it's actually our main bathroom that guests will use, so I'm trying to avoid anything themed or overly kid-like.  But because she will be the main person to use it, I do want it to be fun and girly, without being over the top.

Here are two crappy pictures (no pun intended!) of her bathroom, just so you can see what we're starting with.  Very basic and dated fixtures.  Lucky for me, the counter-top is white and although its nothing special, it's not hideous and we can learn to live with it for awhile.  Same goes for the floor, which you can see in the lovely toilet photo.  It's not what I'd choose, but it will work for now.


I think this bathroom could undergo a cheap & easy face lift with some paint, a new mirror, and new light fixtures.  

Right now I'm really loving the teal cabinets in pictures 1 and 2 below.  I especially love how it ties into the color scheme of our walls, since Chloe's room is going to be painted a light aqua, and the playroom is a deep teal.  I also love the white ruffly shower curtain in picture 3.  But my favorite thing is probably the amazing mirror in picture 4!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

As for the walls, I'm not sure if I'd want to do a bright white paint or maybe a super light gray, or even a light blush pink.  There's no window in this bathroom so it won't have the lovely bright white-on-white effect like picture 3.

I noticed that a recurring theme in these photos is keeping gorgeous flowers in the bathroom.  Do people really do that?  Amazing how much more glamorous a few blooms can make a bathroom look.  I gotta remember that trick!

 photo 6aea1961-02ec-4e8e-bd75-c531bef8bfa0_zpseb939cde.jpg

20 comments:

  1. Crappy. LOL

    I love bright white walls- so clean looking, especially for the bathroom! Also your idea for the teal cabinets is adorable!

    I think I'll need to keep the bathroom flowers trick in mind for my next place as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! Would it be tacky to use fake flowers? There's no way I'm buying fresh flowers every week for the bathroom. :)

      Delete
    2. again - JUST talking about this! told isaiah i want more fun centerpieces in our living room/dining room or whatever. but to buy real flowers every week?! whaaaat! i love them in these bathrooms too!

      Delete
  2. isaiah would agree with you about the daydreamin aspect ;)
    i was just debating this for myself the other day! our upstairs has our bedroom, the nursery and a guest bedroom along with 2 baths. one in our room, and another in the hallway near the 2 bedrooms. do i want to make it semi kid like for little man or adult like for the guests who end up spending the night?! we have another bathroom on our main floor that guests usually use if theyre just visiting.. but if anyone showers or sleeps over they'd use upstairs! lol!
    so many decisions :)
    and i am loving your mirror idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my exact same thought process! I'm sure you will find a middle ground between kid bathroom and guest bathroom. :) I think staying away from themes, but adding some fun etsy prints could be the best of both worlds. :) And I'm glad Isaiah knows what I'm talking about! Daydreamin on the toilet!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea for the teal cabinets & i love that mirror! Blush pink sounds pretty for the walls. I think all of this is girly for Chloe but not over the top for guests, like you said. Yay! Oh, and LOVE the mirror! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think blush pink would look cute because I'm super excited about it. I need that mirror so bad!!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry I've been a bad blogger friend and haven't been commenting!

    I love the teal cabinets! I think a bright white would look great on the walls and will keep it nice and light! You also NEED a ruffle shower curtain haha! How awesome would that be?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay glad you love the teal! Can't believe Tony actually agreed to let me paint them since he's so against painting the kitchen cabinets. And yes I MUST get a ruffled shower curtain!

      Delete
  5. I've always had artificial flowers in my bathrooms....love them! Brings a "freshness" (ha!) to the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Where do you find the best real-looking fake flowers?

      Delete
  6. I love those pale turquoise vanities! So calming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura!! Glad you like them. :) I can't wait to tackle this project!

      Delete
  7. Love the robins egg color for the cabinets, goes great w pink! My bathroom walls are that color n I have a white ruffley shower curtain too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Tony is ok with my blush pink idea! I've seen some that almost look white.

      Delete
  8. Those are all GREAT ideas!
    Love love LOVE the pop of color for the cabinets, and that mirror?! *SWOON!* love it! keep your eyes peeled at TJ Maxx & Marshalls, they always have something similar to that there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, luckily we have a Marshall's in Gig Harbor (one of the only clothing stores in the city, sadly!).

      Delete
  9. i had to come back to this post b/c i really love these bathroom ideas~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and promise to reply!