I hope your weekend was more relaxing than mine!
We spent a total of 13 hours at the new place over the weekend. It really is amazing how little you can get done in such a huge amount of time! But we did manage to accomplish a few things.
Here's a before & after of the playroom. I'm loving the bold teal color! It's Behr Tropical Tide.
While I was busy painting away, Tony was doing all the back-breaking labor. He pulled up all the carpet in the formal dining room, the area next to the kitchen, and the front entryway.
This is where things got tough. He found a second layer of old linoleum underneath the carpet by the front entryway, which is the dark brown flooring you see in this picture. See how it's broken into tiny pieces? Yeah, that's how he had remove the floor. Piece by aggravating piece.
It took forever, and this was only a tiny patch of linoleum by the front door! You can imagine Tony's despair when he ripped up the kitchen linoleum the next day, only to find about three times more of that same hard-to-remove layer underneath.
Luckily, he had a great idea that saved him a lot of time and stress. Since we are going to install laminate flooring in the kitchen, he decided we can just lay the laminate over this linoleum, since it's pretty much flush with the rest of the floor. Our friends Nathan & Laura came over Sunday to help out, so Nathan and Tony spent the afternoon hammering all the remaining staples deep into the floor. They tried removing them but there were probably a thousand staples, and they weren't budging. Laura and I spent our time painting Chloe's room and then painting the trim in the master bedroom (and trying not to pass out from the fumes!). I'll be doing another coat on both rooms tonight, and then I'll have some more pictures to show you!